Monday, March 15, 2010

More Bridal Shop Reviews

1. Bella Bridal. Date: March 13, 2010. Shopping for: wedding gowns. Location: West Bloomfield, MI.
Wonderful store. The staff was so nice and patient, particularly Sonia and Ellen. I wanted to buy my dress there just because I liked them so much.
But I was disappointed with the trunk show. There wasn't anything to it: they just had an extra rack of dresses, ostensibly from Mon Cheri's latest line. But they didn't even have all of the gowns in the Spring 2010 collection--the one Mon Cheri uses in a lot of advertisements that I've seen, Keegan, wasn't even there. In any event, I didn't find the dress of my dreams (although I think my grandma did).

2. The Wedding Shoppe. Date: March 13, 2010. Shopping for: wedding gowns. Location: Berkley, MI.
This is a nice store. It's a little crowded, and the seamstress had to fill in for my designated consultant for a while because it was so busy, but I did get attention. I found at least four gorgeous dresses. I can't show you, because, according to the consultant, The Wedding Shoppe only uses private collections, so none of them are advertised publicly "because the designers want to spend their money focusing on quality." I know, it sounds like baloney. I did ask the consultant for the designers' names, and the designers do have websites, but the particular dresses aren't on there. Hopefully they're not scamming customers by tricking them into believing their buying a designer dress when they aren't. Next time I will ask for the specific name of the style. It's possible that the designers really do have "private collections" or, as my friend Andrea pointed out to me, those particular styles are just old.
In any event, I loved their selection, and their dresses make up my top two. And readers, I give you fair warning...I may have been wrong about the whole strapless dress thing...but I suppose it's good to admit when you were wrong, right? But let's just say I may end up with the plainest, most-bridal bridal gown of all time...and I might love it. More on that when a purchase is made, I'm going to wait for Bridal Fashion Week this April to see if anything better catches my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment