Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hey all,
Haven't updated in a while, Lily and I got busy, and we apologize. However, we expect to pick it up soon, with more interesting research and articles about our experiences with weddings! I've got one wedding to attend this summer, and two in the fall, so you can bet I'll have a lot to say.

As far as my wedding goes, nothing much has happened since we bought my dress last month. It looks like we're going to check out some bands in the next coming weeks--one is already booked for June 4, 2011! I don't think we should panic yet, though. This one we're going to see next week, Chateau, sounds like it'll be pretty good.

Here's a wedding predicament for you to think about. My cousin booked her venue at an outdoor location for this coming September, only now, the Catholic priest who was going to do the wedding has told her that Catholics generally can't get married outside. I knew that was the case, but I assumed the priest knew and just agreed to do it outside anyway--plus, some dioceses are more liberal than others. I know my Catholic aunt was allowed to marry my Jewish uncle in a hotel, and Father Burke presided, saying anything was better than losing a Catholic.

So what do you do in this situation? Should they stick with the venue (Waters Mill, in Dahlonega, GA) and get a Methodist or Episcopal minister (the groom is not Catholic; my cousin is), or move the wedding to a church?

No comments:

Post a Comment