Saturday, September 12, 2009

Untraditional



Contrary to what Lily would have you believe, a religious pastor does not have to preside over your wedding. The second wedding I attended this summer, performed in front of a waterfall at an Indiana county park (shown above), was conducted by the bride's congressman! She had worked for him while she was in college. Instead of biblical readings, before the vows were read, members of the party came up and read appropriate pieces of romantic poetry.
Here is a photo of the bride's bouquet, which I loved from the moment I set eyes on it:

On another note, I was talking with my boyfriend about weddings (he's so tolerant, I'm so lucky to have this guy). I asked him about a fall wedding, what you would do if your football team was playing. I figured he'd say that you just don't have a wedding in the fall for that very reason, but instead, he said, "Easy. Breakfast wedding, tailgate reception. You're out by game time."

Comments? Additions? Suggestions? Seems to me that if you had your heart set on a fall wedding but your fiance's team plays every week, the solution, then, is a Friday night wedding. And if your alma mater is important to you as a couple, have the wedding in your college town, and you and your classmates can head to the game the next day for a fun little reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment