Friday, February 5, 2010

Fruitastic Centerpieces


One of the ways I deal with long, cold, midwestern winter is by dreaming about everything summer. Lily and I LOVE the idea of bowls of fruit or vegetables as centerpieces. They're tasty, and seasonal, and inexpensive.
If I was using red in my color scheme, bowls of tomatoes would certainly adorn my tables; my dad has grown them in his garden since before I was born.
And what says summer more than citrus?

The best part is, fruits and vegetables can go with any time of year, as long as you pick a seasonal fruit. How about some crisp McIntosh apples from a local orchard for an October wedding? Or pears in the winter?

Edible centerpieces don't end with produce. Gingerbread houses at Christmas time? Or, if you're opting for cupcakes instead of a traditional cake, how about buying or making small cupcake stands, and having your dessert double as your centerpiece?

Keep an eye out for Lily's next post...she's taken the tomato idea and ran with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment