Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things

Things I do not like:
1. People who use the U-Scan and then pay with a personal check
2. Radio stations that play car horn and siren sounds while I'm driving
3. STRAPLESS A-LINE WEDDING GOWNS!!!!

I love my cousin. And she picked out a beautiful dress. But while beautiful, it is also strapless and A-Line, and consequently, looks like EVERY OTHER WEDDING DRESS I'VE EVER SEEN.
Here it is:

Like I said, beautiful dress. But I'd like to reiterate my agreement with Lily's post from last year. Since starting this blog, Lily and I have come to think of ourselves as wedding critics, and that sometimes entails pointing out things we don't like. Choosing a strapless A-Line dress is like choosing white bread toast for breakfast.

Yes, there was a time when I would have been sucked into this. My friend Claire is probably going to call me out after reading this, because sometime in college we all picked out wedding dresses that we liked best, and I am pretty sure mine was a strapless, A-Line lace thing. Claire saved pictures of the ones we picked.

But I have seen the light. My wedding dress will at least have spaghetti straps, or maybe an off-the-shoulder neckline. Here is one I have tried on and liked:


My friends are probably surprised by this. I really was one of those girls who wanted that princess ballgown. I, too, thought something like this would be more my style:


But when Theresa and I went to a shop to try it on, it turned out to be just too poofy. Maybe it's because I'm rather short, but the A-line skirt just didn't do it for me. It was difficult to move around in, and I didn't like the feel of the stiff filler material under the dress that gives the skirt that body.

My current favorite designer is Mon Cheri. I'll be heading to a trunk show next month, and you can be sure I'll blog about the experience. I'll probably write a short article on my experience at the Demetrios store as well. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment