Monday, December 21, 2009

Daisy's date: June 4, 2011

So in the hurry to call all my relatives and let them know I was engaged, I mentioned to my grandmother, "Your anniversary is June 4, right? Well, it falls on a Saturday in 2011...would you mind if we used it?"
And Grammy started crying and said she would love that. So I came home and told my parents (who had gotten a call from Grammy as soon as I hung up with her), and they said, "Well, we'd better get that date!"

I realize that this leaves a whole 18 months until the wedding, and I probably didn't have to book the date at the church so soon, but who am I to put off any bit of wedding planning? Plus, June is a popular month, and I'd gotten my grandmother's hopes up.

This morningI went to the Catholic Church where I grew up, told them I was engaged, and asked if I could book June 4, 2011. The lady in the parish office looked at me and said "I don't even have a 2011 calendar yet!" Once I explained the whole grandmother story, though, she was very understanding and called our pastor's office, and they let me book it.

No comments:

Post a Comment